Reassurance for your booking.
If we cancel your booking, because of the tier system currently in place due to Covid 19 which means we not permitted to let our the accommodation. We will offer you a refund of the amount you have paid or allow you to transfer your booking to a different date in our cottage. This is obviously subject to availability. If you transfer the booking to a different season and the rate is higher you will need to pay for the difference.
If you need to cancel the booking due to the Tier system in your area, we will offer you the chance to change your booking to a future date.
The website is owned and operated by BakewellCottage.co.uk
The terms and conditions apply to your holiday booking made through this site, any other site where the property made be advertising may contain different terms and conditions. These terms and condition will also apply to booking made via email or the telephone.
Agreement – this is the holiday letting agreement
Inventory – the list of our possessions at the property – The property is Chalice Cottage.
Initial Deposit – the initial payment of 25% of the total holiday fee to secure the holiday which forms part of the total amount payable.
Balance – This is the additional payment that is due to complete the full payment of the booking.
Guests – Is the number of guest staying at the accommodation
To secure a booking the lead guest must be over 18 years of age, and possess a valid credit or debit card or PayPal to pay for the booking. You are responsible for the full payment of the booking on behalf of the other guests.
After booking and paying the deposit we will email you with confirmation of the booking. (Please let us know if you change your email) Please check your email to ensure that the details are correct and let us know promptly if there is anything that is incorrect. The booking is not confirmed until you receive this email.
Payment for the holiday is due in full 8 weeks prior to the holiday. The fee quoted is for the full property and not per person.
To secure the booking prior to 8 weeks in advance a deposit of 25% of the total fee is payable.
We will charge a cancellation fee.
If you cancel you booking prior to 8 weeks, we will refund your deposit.
Cancelations less than 8 weeks before the holiday. We will retain an admin fee of £75 in all cases. In exceptional circumstances where we are able to rebook the property we may offer a refund, but we do not make any guarantee of this. We recommend that you take our holiday cancellation insurance. We are not unreasonable and whenever we can relet the property due to a cancellation, we will do our upmost to return your monies, but we are running a business and it does cost us if the property stands empty. ( no interest is payable on any refunds)
- You are entitled to occupy the property for holiday use only and this agreement will not give you any security of tenure under the terms of the Housing Act 1988 pursuant to which the occupation shall be deemed to be by way if an excluded tenancy.
- You agree that this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no periodic tenancy will start at the end of the letting period. As a holiday letting this is excluded for the purposes of the Protection from Eviction Act 1977.
- If the balance is not paid by the due date, we will have the right to cancel the booking. If you fail to turn up on the date of the booking without notifying us, we make take this as a cancellation of you holiday.
- Only the guests you state are allowed to use the property. If you are expecting any extra overnight guests you must inform us. You and your party must not exceed the number of sleeping places in the property. We will have the right to access the property and refuse any extra guests who are not part of the original booking.
- Your obligations:-
- Keep the property good and in a clean condition.
- Replace, repair or clean items which become broken or damaged during the letting period.
- Keep the noise from becoming too loud to disturb the neighbours.(especially after 9.30pm) You are staying in a quiet conservation area and we ask that you arrive quietly at the property in the evenings. We cannot be held responsible for any noise or disturbance that may occur in the area.
- Give the property back at the end of the letting period in the same clean state and condition as it was at the beginning (reasonable wear and tear excluded) Please ensure that the kitchen utensils are clean upon departure. We reserve the right to charge you for extra cleaning if we find it is necessary to undertake extra cleaning ( deep clean)
- Allow us to enter the property or anyone with our written permission at reasonable times of the day to may necessary repairs or inspections and in cases of emergency.
- We do not accept any liability for the theft, loss or damage to your personal belongings. Please make sure they are insured.
- You will not carry out any illegal activity at the property nor act in a way that is unlawful.
- Provide us with a forwarding address at the end of the holiday.
- Remove all your belongings at the end of the holiday
- You must not use or occupy the property in any way other than as a private holiday residence and not assign, sublet, charge or part with or share possession of the property.
- You will make us aware of any special requests that enable you fulfil the booking.
- Unreasonable behaviour by yourself or your party may lead us to terminate your holiday and you will be asked to leave ( no refund will be given and you will be responsible for any costs associate with the behaviour)
- We will insure the property and the contents of the property which belong to us as listed on the inventory. We cannot be held responsible for failure of boilers, pipes, wifi and other utilities, however we will do our best to try and ensure that they are resolved promptly.
- We make ever effort to ensure the description and photos are accurate and will correct any error if we discover a mistake or error.
- We do not accept any responsibility for events or attractions that may be closed or unavailable after the booking has been made.
- Deposit. The deposit will be held by us and will be refunded to you at the end of the letting period. No interest will be payable to you on the deposit.
- No refund is payable if you choose to leave before the end of the booked holiday period.
- Please do not affix any banners, posters or other items to the inside or the outside of the property. If you are celebrating a special occasion and wish to have celebration butting, please let us know. For a small additional charge based on your requirements we can decorate the house for you. These can be booked up to 2 weeks prior to your holiday.